Tuesday, October 03, 2017

Zipping

I've dusted off...Ha! Like I leave them alone long enough for them to get dusty. Let me start again.

Once again, I'm listening to the Dresden Files audio books while spinning and I'm zipping through my fiber at a speed that I find a little concerning. I hope my stash is large enough to keep up.

 2 oz of Cashmere and by the next morning it's yarn.
I remember my first time spinning cashmere and it was a slow, painstaking process involving sweaty hands and me clenched over the wheel trying to keep control. Now I can spin it like it's nothing. I can spin it like it's made of dandelion fluff and fairy dust. Heck, I could probably spin dandelion fluff and fairy dust if given half a chance. That's what 19 years of practice will get a person.

Gratuitous shot of  Sumi-e as he insists that I stop spinning to give him phone time.

No comments: