Friday, September 25, 2009

For The Want of a Photo...

A blog post was lost.

The job ended two weeks ago. And it feel like it was yesterday. I have been meaning to post about it but I was waiting for a photo. There is this fantastic photo of the braid in action on stage. The actress is clutching all 36 feet to her.

It's a fantastic photo worthy of basing a blog post around. It shows all the good and bad parts of the job. But I don't have clearance to own that photo. It's been said I could have it under the table but it is not yet actually given to me. I think it's because there is worry that I would post it illegally on facebook. Ummm, no, not facebook but yes my blog so they are right to worry. So here is the photoless post and I can move forward back into knitting.

The only thing I can say about the job that I didn't cover in my last post is how it feels to be pushed out when it's over. It feels like something is missing. Like I lost a part of myself. Like a tooth. Even 2 weeks later I feel like looking over my shoulder to find out what is missing in my life. Whenever we dedicate so much of our life to something it feels funny when we stop.

Hmmm, I need to explain that last part. Dedicated so much of our life? After all it was only 16 days. Yes, but the first 11 days I worked from 9:00am to 9:30pm. The last 5 days I worked from 8:30am to 12:30am. My supervisor said we had to have 6 hours of sleep a night. Some people worked more. So it was enough, long enough, that I thought of nothing but the braid until it wore a groove in my mind. It feel funny to have that gone. For that groove to have no more use.

No comments: