Wednesday, October 21, 2009

2 Hours of Knitting

That cute little triangle shows 2 hours knitting
I'm taking a class at The Studio and we are knitting a lace project together. Girasole by Brooklyn Tweed in Silky Alpaca.
I learned a fiddly new cast on that will make the center hole disappear. I learned that the pattern works out at the end of the row stop and count anyway. I got a good ways in and counted for the first time since casting on. I had a lace repeat too many. The 8 stitches I was off there would grow to about 64 stitches off in the final piece. Add to that the fact that other facets of the shawl wouldn't fit I chose to rip it out and start all over. That means I had to take another 5 or 6 tries to get the fiddly cast on to work.
The ruined pink sweater is now very nice non-ruined pink yarn. I can't wait to knit it again. I guess I need to reset the stash counter. Hmmmm.

Another hmmmm. I have poison ivy on my neck. How does a person get poison ivy on their neck in October? That's a rhetorical question. I can think of many ways a person could get poison ivy on their neck in October but I didn't do any of them.

No comments: