Sunday, March 28, 2010

New Year Sweaters

The daffodils are up and going crazy and I still haven't posted photos of the New Years sweaters. Ok, ok, so I haven't even finished one of the sweaters and another one I forgot to photograph. So instead of the ensemble here is just a taste and then we can move on to enjoying the spring rain.
Look at me.

No.


Look at me

No

Look at me

No
Look at me...There you are


Show me your sweater.

No.
Show me your sweater

No

Show me your sweater

No
Show me your sweater

oakay



Photography is all about outlasting the models.



Sam knit in Cotton Fleece. This is modified. I knit the 12 month size but made it extra long since the kid is 2.5 years old.

I'm finally done with this green and it's out of my stash. I bought a crazy amount of this yarn from mill seconds site. In my stash spread sheet I even mentioned I must of had a plan when I bought that many balls but I couldn't think of it. And the yarn was just so very bright green, not as seen in the photo, a common occurrence when shopping online.

I overdyed about half of the yarn when I hosted a guild workshop at my place. I still had enough for a sweater for me in a color I didn't really want to wear. Finally, I knit up this extra cute sweater and sent the last 3 balls of it to my Valentine Secret Pal. It feels so good to have it gone from my stash.

Pattern from my head. A top down raglan with rolled hems a-la-J Crew. The yarn is a mystery 100% cotton. It's the very first yarn I bought to knit myself sweater.

As a brand new knitter I was still in shock at yarn prices so I bought $30 worth and hoped it was enough but thought it probably wasn't. At that point I knew enough about gauge that I could make up my own hat patterns and knit socks but I wasn't sure about matching a written pattern.

I swatched a little and then put the whole thing away. As the years went by I think I lost a ball of it and had lost all of the labels too. I had no idea of the yardage. No way was I going to try knitting a sweater for me out of it but it's too much yarn for baby sweater. It languished for 9 years looking for a good medium sized project. It's finally out of the stash and one of the cutest sweaters ever.

The M is a bit of leftover cotton from a friend. I put off the embroidery for about 6 months since the color wasn't what I wanted but all I had. It turned out looking great and just right.

No comments: