Thursday, March 11, 2010

Want, Want, Want,

Quinoa With Toasted Almonds & Dried Cranberries This is so good and so easy to make, although it sounds complicated. It involves soaking the Quinoa for 12 min and then toasting it in a little oil until browned. I swear half of them popped like tiny tiny popcorn. Once lightly browned it's cooked like rice although this recipe used broth instead of water. Add dried cranberries, orange zest, and slivered almonds and it's done. It's so good. I would never had picked this up on my own. It was a Christmas present where everything was all measured out for me. If I can find a place to buy quinoa I'll make this again and again.

Last Saturday was another cooking day although a shorter one since I had other things I had to get done. Another 3 recipes and another 30 meals in the freezer. Lion's head and Mountain Stew used up the rest of the cabbage. Spicy Indian Cauliflower Saute used all the fresh and half of the frozen cauliflower. I'll cook again this Saturday. If it's another huge cooking day I'll finish up the recipes I bought for or if I only cook another 3 recipes it will spill over to at least another Saturday maybe two. But with the using of the last of the fresh vegetables this weekend I can take my time with the other recipes since they use canned and frozen ingredients. Then it will be a relief to not have to think about food again for a good long while. My math says another 6 weeks. I'll have to see if that works out. It sort of depends how long the cream for my coffee lasts.

Another LYS is closing and that is a sad sad thing. It also means that local yarn is on sale. Then a favorite online store is having a sale right now too. I want to buy yarn so very very badly and right now I can not and that makes me want to buy even more. So instead of buying yarn I cast on new projects. It sort of takes the edge off.

Thuja made me feel better for 24 hours. It's knit in Jojoland Rhythm.

Then I cast on Which Way Do We Go baby sweater which has held my attention for the week. Yarn is Brownsheep Kaleidoscope.

I suspect that I'll be casting on one or more new things this weekend. Maybe not all of the projects will get finished but I can always frog them and get the yarn back so if it keeps me on track to knit half of my stash then it's all good.

No comments: