Wednesday, January 01, 2014

New Year

I didn't get time off at Christmas so I didn't travel to see family but we have scheduled several gatherings in January to make up for it.

Christmas Eve was with friends playing boardgames, eating good food, giving and receiving yarny presents, and talking about yarn. Then I had a very nice quiet Christmas day to myself where I knocked out this sweet little number. 


The pattern is Sparrow and because I used a bulky yarn, Minnow Merino, I only cast on 80 stitches. this used my 13th and 14th old stash yarn for the year, completing the UILI challenge. 

This week I used the last of my PTO for the year. I told my coworkers that I was out for a "Five day New Year's Eve Party" and while I said it in jest it turned out to be completely true. Five days of playing board games, eating good food, talking about yarn (I've cultivated knitting friends along with turning friends into knitters), being given more yarny presents, and watching Doctor Who.

It almost ran six days long but the blizzard canceled tonight and we rescheduled for the weekend. 2014 is shaping up to be a spectacular year (I totally typed yarn there).

No comments: