Friday, July 04, 2014

Fireworks

My friends and I spent a quiet day protecting our dogs from the loud scary fireworks but first we went out to eat lunch at a Vietnamese restaurant.

As part of the meal they served us a huge salad that looked like backyard weeds. We recognized the Spearmint and Italian Parsley and Cilantro and, I think, Chervil. There was a heart shaped leaves that might have been Violet and finally a furry purple plant that I have no idea, except that it tasted like black pepper. As a salad it was too harsh but as garnish to my egg and rice flour crepes stuffed with whole shrimp and spiced pork it was delicious. I pretty much finished off that family sized salad on my own.

Then we spent the afternoon setting off our own kind of fireworks.

Hanabi is a cooperative gave where you see everyone's hand but your own. It's so much fun!

It was recommended to me by a member of my Nerd Wars team and yesterday I wanted something smallish I could buy to support my local game shop for their 20th anniversary. Ever since I started working the 10 hour days in February I've been going there on Thursdays. Yesterday, I looked around and realized I knew at least one person sitting at each of the 17 tables!

No comments: