Saturday, February 27, 2010

Cooking Day

I haven't been grocery shopping in 5 almost 6 weeks so I made up my list and went after work last night. That means today was a cooking day. A very productive and very very tiring day.

I made:

Cream of Pea Soup

Spicy African Stew and ho-boy did it turn out spicy. That was one spicy jalapeno.

Black-eyed Peas with Tomatoes and Herbs over rice, this is my favorite of the day.

Savory Pumpkin Stew, this one I didn't measure the mustard and I put in too much. I countered by adding honey. Good, but it would be better to go easy on the mustard next time.

Cream of Spinach, my favorite of the day.

Harvest Stew, where they get calling this a stew I don't know. I had to add 4 cups of broth to get it thin enough to be a sauce over rice which is what I did. This is my favorite of the day.

Roasted a turkey, not for meals but to cook with next weekend.

Quinoa With Toasted Almonds & Dried Cranberries, my favorite of the day and good enough to take photos of. I'm too tired to get the photos off of the camera but I'll post about it when I do.

I now have 67 meals in the freezer and I still have the ingredients to make 10 more recipes. When I'll cook them I don't know. I have to work tomorrow. I didn't think that part out so well.

Not bad for $131.71.

No comments: