Monday, January 03, 2011

Jump!

A few weeks ago as I was working on Slogtober all through October, November, and December I had the idea. Wouldn't it be fun to have a theme for every month in 2011? Like a modern day Knitter's Almanac? I mulled this over from time to time but was held back because I couldn't think of a cutesy name for January, the very first month.

Until today! Today I was mulling over ideas for what I actually want to be knitting in January and it's my Christmas presents for next Christmas....getting a jump start... Jump into January!

I don't want a repeat of this Christmas when life got in the way but I had some knitting obligations I felt like I had to fill and zero time to do it in. Also, I've just picked 2011's year's New Year's Kiddo's sweater theme and want to start while I'm still excited about it. And the best part? The part that truly shows my brilliance. No Photos! It's all a secret. Yes, I'm starting a blog thread with a month I can't blog about. I love it!

I've also joined a Rav group that has the goal of knitting 12 pairs of socks this year.

In the past I've had a jobs were I had to dress up but couldn't wear knitted socks just hose. I've also had jobs were I could wear hand knit sock because it didn't matter what I looked like. Now I can wear hand knit socks but I need to be dressed nice too. In a matching outfit, nice. All my hand knit socks are fun bright colors. All my work shirts are pink, lavender, and aqua. Hard to wear rusty orange socks with that.

So of those 12 pairs of socks 6 of them need to match a work shirt. To make it into my work wardrobe. I wish it was all 12 but looking through my sock yarn it might be hard to make 6. Not much pink, aqua, or lavender in there.

No comments: