Thursday, September 22, 2011

Single Skein September

Right, I'm posting the theme when the month is almost over. Steampunk swap has been all consuming of my crafting time and it was super secret. It's now been safely received so I can share.

My Cog Lily Fascinator made from one skein of M&K Linen.

I just eyeballed it and knit it not using a pattern. Crocheting around the wire was a challenge. Even more challenging was tucking all the wire ends away. I have nightmares of them getting caught in the hair. The pose-ability of the petals is worth it.

I attached it to an alligator hair clip and embellished with a flower pin and a cog. I’m quite pleased with how it turned out.

I'm going to have to make more hair things since it's impossible to buy a small bag of alligator clips.


No comments: