Thursday, September 09, 2010

Gaenor

It's completely finished. After blocking I wove in the ends. I love it. I love the new smaller sized shawls that are worn as scarves. I wasn't sure about that look when it first came out but now I think it's super cute. Mostly because it's a chance to knit and wear a small project with a little bit of lace.
The knitting is easy and with the side to side construction it starts tiny and fast and gets bigger every row. The middle part is a bit of a slog but when I couldn't take it anymore I called it big enough and said that was the middle. From there on out each row is smaller and faster until it's just flying off the needles.
Also, with each row getting bigger or smaller they all have a different number of stitches. This keeps a hand dyed yarn from pooling.
Gaenor knit in Bearfoot colorway Ladyslipper. I've always admired Mountain Colors' and have a few skeins in my stash but this is the first time I've knit with it. I hadn't found a project worthy of it until now.

No comments: