Monday, May 07, 2012

Fairy Tale Swap

More swappy goodness. This time from bamagr1!
The packages just kept coming from the box. No photos were takes as paper sheds went flying and Ooooo and aaaaaaaah over the contents.
Group shot
A lovely bag that's sewn in such a way that the diagonals makes pockets inside and out. Brilliant! I love it! and the strap is just the right length so that it hangs nicely when I wear it. I super love it!

A flower garden travel mug with coffee and chai tea. One of the tea bags is Spiced Apple Chai. The bag is spiced apple ginger candy. Both cute tie in's to Snow White. I was expecting the regal ginger candy but the apple combination is beyond amazing. The caramel corn is a cleaver way to ship caramel in the heat we've been having. I ate the whole bag in one sitting. That's unlike me but it was sooooo good.
A crochet washcloth and a sheepy magnet. Both are too cute.
Fairy Tale nail polish. I love it!
Mmmmmmmmm malabrigo. In the shade.
In the sun. So tasty I had to show it twice.And after all there are two skeins.
Honey!  A hedgehog Hans from Hans-My-Hedgehog !!! and a stone covered basket? Why do I have a stone covered basket? Ok so it could be a wishing well but neither The Six Swans or The Widow's Son has a wishing well... Is it a candle holder?... No, it's flammable. Bamagr1 obviously put a lot of time into it cutting the pcv pipe and it still has the faint scent of industrial strength epoxy glue. Maybe I could fill it with violets as a sweet little bud vase for pixies..... OMG it's for a FAIRY GARDEN!

I'm going to catch a fairy!

I rummaged around my home and gathered the supplies. An aquarium, a bag of potting soil, sand, polished rocks, a few handmade marbles as playthings.

I grab a friend and we go into the back yard where the fairies live and dug up plants, made a sand path, lines it with polished stones, added a bench, the well, marbles to play with.
The trap is ready and baited with the sparkly stones and the pot of honey. It's sitting on the driveway now but a few hours in the arbor should do it.
The trap is set.
What fairy wouldn't want to visit this garden?

It took a few hours but before the rain the trap was sprung. I caught one of the invisible brownies.
After a night inside the brownie decimated the left hand corner with the Queen Anne's Lace, killing it dead. The marbles have been moved around clearly played with and possible thrown in anger. However the violets, woodsorral, and bed of moss is intact.When it's time to clean it's cage I'll plant more woodsorral.

Thank you Bamagr1. The package was an epic win! I love it!

No comments: