Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Fairy Lights

Lights are an important part of the season. My Christmas lights had burnt out so I turned in my amazon points for a strand of LED lights and I had enough left over for some Fairy Lights.
One of my mother's handmade soy candles surrounded with pine cones, sweet gum tree seeds, and fairy lights.

I hadn't heard of fairy lights before this but after getting my own I'm seeing them everywhere. A thin copper strand with little dew drops of epoxy covering the glowing filament and two strands with the included batteries cost less than a gingerbread latte.

I've been reading around other blogs about how horrible and sad 2015 turned out to be. With the avian flu making the cost of eggs rise 138%, banana fungus decimating the cavendish banana, all the shootings, the Paris bombings, the European Refugee Crisis, the California drought and record wildfires, and  Donald Trump as a presidential candidate, there is a point. However, now we also have fairy lights and I wouldn't want to live during any other time.

Starting tonight the days will be getting longer, the nights shorter, I'm fondly wrapping up 2015 and looking forward to 2016.





No comments: