Friday, July 31, 2009

#19 and #20

#19
I love these mittens. I think I'm going to enter them in the fair on Monday.
Staghorn Mittens made from Elann Peruvian Sierra Aran in Atlantic Mist. I bought two balls to test the yarn and color. It's a winner. Full bodied, easy to knit, it's holding up well, and I love that the blue gray color is made entirely of purple and green fibers.

I had a cabled sweater in mind when I bought this yarn but I would love the chance to get a whole bunch of colors. So maybe a color work sweater instead, or also.

#20
A little knit from my basket. It only needed finishing and tons and tons of button sewed on.
Presto Chango knitted from Lion Cotton. The buttons are from the $1 button rack. I knit this sweater for the cost of just the buttons on most of my sweaters. It shows.

But it's still cute. The yarn will probably get pilly with washing but it will never wear out even after tons of trips through a hot dryer. I had thought to knit a whole bunch of the bibs fronts for easy changing and to make this a really cool gift but I don't know if I can stand the thought.

I went through a lot of work to knit this completely seamless. I think bulk yarns seamed on tiny little sweater are not a good idea. It was good practice for my mind and I now rock the Kitchener Stitch but I recommend following the pattern and seaming it. It was much more work than I was expecting.

No comments: