Sunday, July 26, 2009

Jonsen

Today I went to my LYS for the book club. They had brought in Sally Goldenbaum to talk about her book Death By Cashmere. It was a nice talk. I came in late and got a seat in the back and the AC hum drowned out some of the good bits. I had my knitting and they provided chocolate so I was happy. Now I'll just have to read the book to find out what I missed.

After the talk I looked around the shop. Yes, I am there every Tuesday morning but at those times I make a point of not looking around the shop. So, I looked around the shop and noticed several new bamboo yarns. Now add that to the old bamboo yarns, along with the hemp and linen yarns I have always lusted after I have come to the conclusion that I am very likely buying something at the sale next weekend.

I am well past my 6 month goal of not buying yarn. Or was it a 3 month goal? it's so long ago I can't remember what I was planning when I set the ticker. However, I am so far past it that setting it to a 12 month goal looks like a good idea. It doesn't feel like a good idea. It feels like I need new yarn and I need it now.

So can I hit my goal of half my stash in the next 7 days. Do I really care if I don't quite make it if I'm close?

Project #17

Noro Scarf. Yes, that Noro Scarf. The same scarf that everyone is knitting. Everyone is knitting it because it is just so much fun. I loved everything about it from the earthy texture of the yarn to the banding of the tweedy colors. I could knit many more of these.'

I did some modifications. I cast on 25 stitches and used Noro Silk Garden Light so I could knit my scarf from 2 balls instead of 4.

Oh, what Joey has to put up with for my knitting.

No comments: