Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Glitter

I love it when it snows at night. Especially like it is tonight. It looks like glitter is being shook out over the world. Lots and lots of glitter. The world is one big kindergarten art project.
Inches and inches of glitter.
My second pair of monkey socks are finished.
The yarn is Schoppel Wolle Zauberball. I have nothing nice to say about Zauberball. It's a single ply with too much twist so it gets all kinky with knitting. The long repeats so that socks that are similar in any way are impossible. I can embrace that, but halfway through the second sock in the black part there was a knot. It took me 2/3 of a sock to realize they had knotted a black end to a black beginning skipping all between and I was going to end up with one striped sock and one black sock. I had to ravel back and wind up almost a 1/4 ball of black and burgundy yarn to get to the pink again and reknit. And the worst part? The worst part are the little fuzz donuts that forms around the yarn strand as I knit. Zauberball gets a fail. I can't stand fuzz donuts.
Monkey, as always, is an A+.
My rosemary plant is in bloom. So sweet in all this snow.

Snow. Back to the snow. More snow photos taken at midnight.
whoosh
zing
crackly
Then I come in to a warm bowl of African Peanut Soup.
This stew is hands down the best food I cook these days.

It's best not talk about the wheat free cookies I tried to make tonight. I think it's the first time ever I've had to throw cookies away.

No comments: