Saturday, January 30, 2010

Retail Therapy?

Another pair of socks started and finished in 2010. This is, what? my 3rd project? I like the instant gratification of small projects. Pattern is from my head and the yarn is another blast from the past, Jawoll Cotton. Why is it so hard to find jawoll these days? I love how each ball has a spool of reinforcing thread in the center for the heels and toes.

I held the yarn double so I could have a nice thick sock while still getting the fantastic wash ability that I think is lacking in thicker superwash yarn. I cast on 40 stitches to make a very narrow woman's sock. I could wear it but 44 stitches would be better for me.

I now have a little sock knitting crisis. I rolled over one of my Knit Pick sock needles at work (I do get a very nice office chair) and broke it. I now only have 3 left out of the 10? 12? of the two packs I started with. I'm making do by using a bamboo needle in a size larger. I just might have to make an order today, it's like I'm being forced to, right? Right?

No comments: