Monday, June 22, 2009

#14 Pure Cardigan

I've been putting off this post because I want to give this baby sweater the description it deserves. However, I am on my way to Midwest this week and it's now-or-never so this is the short and dirty version.

This is the Pure Cardigan from Weekend Knitting. I used Elsebeth Lavold Hempathy in two colors from the 75% sale bin since there wasn't enough of any one color to do anything.

The color blocks are my own but they are strongly influenced by the same sweater on display at The Studio where that knitter had run out of yarn too. Or just wanted to spice it up a bit, I am unclear about that.

The rustic wood buttons are just right for the hemp/cotton yarn. I also enjoyed the big and intentionally messy whip stitch I used to sew it together. I think it adds to the ragamuffin charm of the piece.

While I know several women that want this sweater, and some of them are even expecting, this one falls under the too sweet to give away. It will now have to marinate in the baby sweater stash for a few years before I can gift it.

No comments: