Saturday, May 19, 2007

Pink Sweater

Last night I finished my pink sweater. It’s about a pound of targee, silk, mohair, alpaca and glitz dyed by Needlefingers and I spun it loosely to ararn weight. I have been waiting for a few years to find the right pattern for this yarn. After extensive swatching I decided it looks best with yarn overs but not lace at about 4 stitches to the inch. I started a sweater from IK but wasn’t too excited with the way the YO pattern looked. I pulled that out and started a top down raglan using the best things of that sweater, a lacy rib pattern.

By the time I separated the sleeves from the body I knew it was going to be a short sweater as I had already used half of my yarn. I made shorter sleeves to compensate. The neck shaping bothered me a bit too. But I was half done so I could be sure before ripping.

Here it is finished. Not bad. Look at the fabric. Look at the stitches. Look at the glitz.

And again

And sadly again

I’m sure.

No comments: