Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Vacation Weekend

This was a nice weekend. Saturday was pretty much dedicated to knitting. Knitting and reading. Sunday after lunch I got a phone call saying that my friends were on their way over to play games. I begged a half hour so I could get out of my pajamas. I’m so pleased with myself. In the half an hour not only was I able to make myself presentable but it was all I needed to make my apartment company ready too. It was trashed when they called but I set my timer for 5 min per room and most of the rooms were actually done in 3 so I had time to vacuum. If I had known in advance I would have mopped the kitchen floor but really I’m surprised and pleased with myself. Even when I let the house work slip it’s nothing like it used to be.

While playing board games we set up Monday’s project. It took 3 people almost 4 hours to do this. And I though about not mentioning it, but it was already half done when we started. I am so pleased with how well it turned out and that I helped do it. It felt good do physical work and to actually see a difference.

That’s one of the reasons I like knitting. It might be hard or time consuming but at the end there is a finished project. All of my jobs I had to work hard but nothing was ever done. There is something entirely soul satisfying to have something finished that will stay done and doesn’t have to be redone the next day like dishes or the next week like mowing. The experience was made better because we were working in the rain. A very light summer rain made it something to remember.

I’m hoping to go back today to start on the sides.

Because I know you want to see it, the knitting projects I finished this weekend.

The bamboo socks.

On the feet of the recipient. Looks like a good fit. Although isn't that why we knit socks? There is just something about a custom fit.

The arm warmers.

And my wearing them.

No comments: