Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Day 2

Last night I knit my first picot cuff ever. It turned out very well, if I do say so myself. And instead of sewing it together at the end or making the provisional cast on and ripping it out to K2tog the two edges together I did the EZ method of picking up stitches from the cast on and knitting them with the live stitches. It's slow but I love it. I love how the joining is completely invisible.
However, the sock is turning out huge. I have gauge too. And it's not just a little loose but huge. I was easily able to pull it on up past my knee. I know that it should tighten as more length is knit but I'm not going to risk it. We are able to tweak the pattern for fit. I'm tweaking out 12 stitches from the cast on number. Yes, that's a lot but I think it's necessary.

So it's all pulled out and I'm casting on again tomorrow.

Oh, and don't say anything, ok? I have a hard time calling 12 stitches tweaking.

No comments: