Sunday, February 27, 2011

Hermione

I love Hermione Granger and all her knitted hats. I picked the one from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

This hat must have been knit by Mrs Weasley since Hermione doesn't pick up the needles herself until Goblet of Fire. I love how she starts S.P.E.W and leaves little knitted hat all around the commons room in Gryffindor tower.
Pattern is loosely based on Cables and Bobbles Hat knit in my favorite Cascade Eco. If I had to knit in one yarn forever this would be it. The larger yarn was a good choice for this hat. It made the patterning stand out and while it's a touch snug but I know Eco will bloom and loosen in the blocking.

I didn't like the anemic bobbles I saw on so many hats out there so when it became bobble time I really bumped them up and did then nice and big.
I'm really pleased with how this turned out. Maybe someday I'll make the matching mittens.

No comments: