Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Gaslighting

I feed Joey every night half an hour before bed. I fed him last night half an hour before bed. I remember the munching sounds and the scritching sounds that signal he is done and wants more. Besides, I was allowed to sleep which would never happen if a meal was missed.

His food and water bowls set into a holder to keep them corralled. So this morning when I got up and his food bowl was missing leaving an empty gaping hole I found it rather shocking. Then I found it very disturbing.

My first thought was someone had come in the middle of the night and taken the bowl as a statement.  I don't know what kind of statement breaking in and taking a dog dish and not touching anything else sends, but it was beyond creepy.

My next though was I had picked it up and wondered off with it. That happens with my phone but not a dog dish. I don't pick up the dog dish, instead I scoop the food into. Even so, I looked around. Then I looked harder. This is a small apartment and I have made a point that everything here has a place and it's not cluttered. There aren't that many places to look.

Still no dog dish. This time I started looking in the crazy spots. I looked in the bathroom, the freezer, the oven, under the fridge, in my bed, in the dirty laundry, in my knitting needles storage, in my desk drawers, and in the trash. No, no, no, no, no, no, and no. There is no place left to look. I'm back to thinking this is creepy statement. Or the cat is Gaslighting me. Yeah. That's it. The cat.

Hurricane Hat knit in Plymouth Yarn Tweed. A nice simple pattern with a pretty spiral for when things are clearly spiraling out of control.

No comments: