Friday, November 08, 2013

Walked a Crooked Mile

I just did something rather impulsive. Today, at work, I decided to join a gym. After work, and realize I get off work at 9:30 pm, I drove by a local gym asked to be shown around and bought a membership. Time elapsed from thought to signed contract was 2 hours.

Although, not really. Last spring I took photos for an online sweater fitting session. The photos showed that I've become crooked. My shoulders and bust line aren't square anymore. This was quite concerning but some sessions of yoga at home made an immediate difference.  While I will bring this up with my doctor, I think it's a lack of core muscles from sitting and from leaning on my desk at work all day.


I can't think of anything more dull than yoga at home except, maybe, ab crunches. I lasted less than a week. Ever since then I've thought I should join a class.

I'm pretty excited about the whole thing. Classes come with the membership but what I'm excited about is the heated lap pool and the sauna. It seems the perfect way to spend the winter.

No comments: