Saturday, November 02, 2013

Lobster Quadrille

Another of the handmades for the Alice swap.

This is some of my oldest stash. Thin thin thin yarn that I spun from silk hankies back when I was seeing how thin I could spin silk. This lace weight yarn is a 3 ply. No, I don’t know what I was thinking. Yes, I am sort of insane.

I've been saving this yarn as too special to use for years now. It was the UILI challenge that inspired to go ahead and use it. Such an exquisite yarn needs a suitable pattern and Fragile Hearts is the perfect choice. I heavily modified it and the pattern is so well written that changes are effortless. It was the knitting with such thin yarn that was difficult.

However, the color wasn’t fitting for the recipient. I don't know if aqua, rusty brown, and acid early spring yellow is right for anybody.
It's been a long time since I pulled out my dye pot and it's just as fun and satisfying as it's always been.


It floats on the barest whisper of a breeze. I’m so pleased with this I could burst. The sun washed out the photo a bit, the red is tonal from true red to burgundy and it's stunning.

No comments: