Saturday, November 23, 2013

Nocturnal

I had another gaslighting moment. I woke up in the middle of the night  in my jammies and tucked into bed like normal but every single light in the apartment was turned on.

Again my first thought was someone had come in and had turned on all the lights as a creepy statement because who brushes their teeth, gets in their jammies, arranges the pillows and blankets just so but not only doesn't turn out the lights but doesn't even notice?

I have fallen asleep with the lights on before but fully clothed and on top of the covers because I was too tired to move. Obviously the overtime at work and the two continuing ed classes are getting to me. I must start getting more sleep.

Even with all that going on I still find a bit of time to knit at work either on break or at lunch. I keep a super simple project in my desk drawer.

This is Topographie and a fun way to use variegated yarns. The variegated bits are purled rather than knit. I did find it frustrating that I actually had to watch the knitting instead of doing it by touch but I'm ready to knit the pattern again.

I used up the last of the Malabrigo Silky Merino in Nocturnal so the two hats together count as a UILI project. My 7th for the year.

No comments: