Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Stash Buster

This took 8 balls of yarn out of my stash. I knit it because it's hard to wash dishes in a sweater so I would wrap my shoulders up in a blanket last winter. Not the easiest way to wash dishes. That's when I decided I needed a capelet. I never guessed it would be so cute. Everyone at the LYS said so and when I went to the washroom to look in the mirror they were right. I look super cute in it. It don't show so well in my self portrait there. But it's cute.
The pattern is Nordic Light from Wrap Style. The yarn is mostly Ella Rae Classic Wool. I knit the whole thing in the round not bothering with the part that called for knitting flat and seaming. On the upper rows I just did enough K2Tog to make the number of bound off stitches the pattern called for. Easypeasy and no seams.

1 comment:

Lupie said...

Just beautiful!!!