Thursday, October 02, 2014

Perfect Match

I've gone to the Kansas City Renaissance Festival almost every year since I was 14. I missed 2 years when I was living in Illinois but it's been a yearly mission for most of my life.

Over the years it's become more and more and excuse to dress up. It used to be garb but now anything goes and I'm smitten with the faerie outfits.

I wanted to knit a vest with lots and lots of fringe to wear with wings but I was worried about the muck and the straw and the everything fouling the fringe. It didn't seem practical.
Instead I knit these gauntlets out of malabrigo lace to wear with a silky black shirt and a butterfly necklace my mom made me a few years ago. The gauntlets and the necklace match perfectly and I received many complements on them. The thing is, everything was so tidy there this year I think fringe would have been ok. At least this combo I can wear any day and not just at the Festival.

Oh, and I bought yarn. Beautiful, beautiful yarn. I should take a picture of it.

No comments: