Wednesday, October 01, 2014

Coordinating

I knit this hat (pattern is Minty) to go with one of my favorite shirts. I imagine wearing the tee layered over a long sleeve shirt and the hat out walking the trails next to my home. Or perhaps out at some of the October festivals or even to game night.

Already I've worn the combo butterfly tagging. We gathered on a Saturday morning to catch Monarch butterflies and to place a little sticker on the underside of the hindwing of the monarch. One of the best parts was being handed a long handle butterfly net like the ones in cartoons.

I learned to tell Monarch from a Viceroy and I've been watching for both ever since. I see at least one a day, on the steps leading up to my apartment, in the parking lot, on the walking trail, next to the stream. They are just everywhere this fall.

No comments: