Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Delight

I'm such a fan girl.

Tonight I went to the AIGA sponsored showing of Milton Glaser: To Inform and Delight. I have always admired his work. He is down as my most influential designer for that guaranteed interview question. I feel that we have a similar use of illustration and white space. I hope to be a fraction as good as he is some day.

When this opportunity to see a documentary about him and his work I jumped at the chance to go. After all, besides making the NY logo he also is a fantastic illustrator and we all have his work in our home.

Before the movie started there was the usual announcement to shut off all cell phones and I dutifully did. About 8 minutes into the movie someone's cell went off. The movie was stopped and the lights came up as the guilty person stood up to sneak out and answer. She was halfway up the aisle when she said "It's Milton Glaser on the phone!" and it was. He spoke to us live on speaker phone .

I love you, Milton.

No comments: