Monday, March 19, 2012

Retina Searing Light

At Thanksgiving when Dad and I were talking about plants and I laminated that I couldn't have house plants anymore. Sumi-e eats them.

All I have left is these two leaves of what used to be a full and lush Mother-In-Law's Tongue.

Dad was shocked since the plant produces a toxin that cause the tongue and throat to swell and be numb. Sumi-e doesn't care and chews on it at least two times a day. I did know it's on the plants toxic to cats list but I don't care since Sumi-e has been doing this for 5.75 years now. Actually, he has chewed to death many many plants from that list.

So Dad got me this set up for Christmas! I love it. The Christmas Cactus loves it!

I really love the 65 watt bulb on top. It's the size of my foot and puts out retina searing light. I think helped with my mood this winter. I know it helped with my knitting.

The little pots in back are so I can grow lettuce or non poisonous plants for Sumi-e. Well, that's the same thing, isn't it?

A really great Christmas present! Thank you!

No comments: