Monday, March 12, 2012

So Retro

I'm doing a horrible job documenting the knits I make and send out on my swaps. They are super secret so I can't talk about them when I'm making them and then they are shipped so much later and sometimes I even forget to take a photo. Let's see if I can improve on that.

For the Retro/Kitsch swap

Owls Two Ways knit out of scrap Noro with buttons from grandma's button tin. The back ones are shells. I just love shell buttons. I have more and might one for me.

Caroline, the photo doesn't show it but this might be my best knit ever. Once it's on a head the hat band lays smooth. The pattern is well written and I took extra care with the details.

I knit the Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool at a slightly firmer gauge than the pattern calls for and the body of the fabric is just right. I didn't block it because I didn't want to wash any of the sizing out of the yarn. The brooch is from a local antique store and the perfect finish.

I'm very pleased with the way it came out.

No comments: