Saturday, December 07, 2013

Button, Button...

Started April 7th, 2012 and it's a project that I had stuffed away for not working out. It's issue was running out of yarn before the arms or button bands were knit.

I think my way of addressing it is rather clever and very attractive and looks like the whole project was planned that way.

I pulled out Grandma's button tin and spent a good long time sorting and choosing. It's like Christmas shopping but better because of no crowds or spending money.

The pattern is Super-Natural Stripes and the yarn Mission Falls 1824 Cotton. I love that yarn so much if it's the spinning from before it was discontinued the first time.

A few weeks ago I helped a coworker set up as stash sale after a knitting family member passed away. I mentioned how nice it is and discontinued so they gave me all she had as a thank you and it was no small amount. I'm now set for a good long time. Hopefully long enough for me to find a non discontinued cotton yarn I like just as much.

No comments: