Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas Socks

I cast these on May 28th, 2012. They are made from two socks yarns held double over 40 stitches on size 1 needles.

Knitters know to write such things down, that the important bits that we think we will never forget like stitch count and yarn information and even the size we are making, will be gone from our mind if we set the project down for more than 3 days. So we have paper patterns highlighted, notes saved online or on mobile devices, a knitting journal, or a spreadsheet.

I do all that. I did all that. I even gave these socks the name Christmas Socks but I didn't write down who I was thinking of when I cast on. So here they are, finished just in time, if a year late is just in time and in knitting it is, and I can't remember who they are for.

I'll tuck them away for next year and maybe I'll remember or, perhaps, I'll take them around like Cinderella's Prince Charming to find who they fit. 

No comments: